Thursday, October 31, 2013

Throwback NOTD: Frightening Fingers

Happy Halloween Calendar Girls!

I thought I'd celebrate this haunting holiday by sharing my very first NOTD with you! Way back in 2010, I found a blog called The Daily Nail and quickly became obsessed with Melissa's amazing nail art. And while I'm not nearly as good an artist as she is, it really inspired me to try creating my own nail designs.


First, I painted on a base coat of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Sun Kissed and then I used a Black Crayola Nail Art Pen to draw little faces on. If I remember correctly, the polish pen was really hard to work with and I'm pretty sure I had to start over multiple times.

Here is my pioneering attempt at nail art from Halloween 2010! 


Funny little jack-o-lantern faces!As difficult as it was to do my left hand, I knew the other side wouldn't stand a chance, so I did things a little differently on my right hand.


Ha! Yes, I kind of took the easy way out! And apparently I hadn't realized the importance of cleaning up the cuticles and edges with polish remover at this point in my life. ;) I had so much fun creating my first real NOTD, though! I hope you like it as much as I do!

How do you feel about festive nail art? Is it something you would ever try? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or @Manda_CGC on Twitter! Thanks for reading!

-Manda





No comments: