Sunday, October 13, 2013

September ipsy Glam Bag

Hey there Calendar Girls!

Around the same time I subscribed to BirchBox, I also learned about ipsy. I read that ipsy was more focused on makeup than BB, which contains a variety of products for hair and skin in addition to makeup. I love my BirchBox and wasn't willing to cancel it in favor of ipsy, so what choice did I have but to subscribe to both! ;)

A little over a month after I first signed up, I finally got the email saying I was no longer on the waiting list and my first bag would be shipping soon!


A few weeks later, this beauty was in my mail box! I love, love, LOVE the shiny pink packaging! What I didn't love was the ridiculous shipping circus it had to go through before getting to me. :/ The ipsy bag ships out of North Carolina, which I thought was awesome since I'm only a couple of states away from there! While checking the tracking online, though, I saw that my bag went from NC to Atlanta, where it stayed for five whole days, then down to Orlando, FL for a couple more days, then finally to my house! I really wish that ipsy would use another company to ship their bags. DHL is probably the worst they could've chosen.

Anyway...moving on! Here's what was inside of that pretty mailer!


Each month, ipsy comes in a unique makeup bag and includes four or five samples, most of which are full sized. There's also a theme every month! (I love a theme!) September's was Classic Beauty.


I was pretty excited for most of my samples. I was a little bummed that I didn't get the Cailyn lip balm or Butter London nail polish that others got in their bags. Here's what was in mine:


1. John Freida Full Repair Full Body Shampoo
-This is a good sized sample that will last me a while. I'm interested in the repairing aspect of this shampoo. My hair just isn't what it used to be and I'm always looking for a product that will make it feel soft and smooth again!

2. John Freida Full Repair Full Body Conditioner
-Another good sized sample--same as the shampoo. I'll use this on the ends of my hair as they need the most moisturization. (Is that a word?) I like that this is in the same container as the shampoo because it has a lid. Other conditioner samples I've gotten were in tear-open packets, which isn't the easiest thing to use in the shower.

3. Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Volumizing Mascara
-This is supposed to lengthen and curl your lashes! Can't wait to try it! :)

4. NYX Single Eye Shadow in Sparkle White
-I'm really excited to try this! I've been on the lookout for a good brow bone highlighter! And it's a full-sized shadow! Awesome!

5. Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil
-I wonder how this will compare to my favorite Rimmel kohl pencil? Wait and see!

As for the bag, it's pretty cool. The pattern/color is pretty and the material seems easy to clean. Also, the zipper pull is metal with a little raised "ipsy". So cute!

Well, that's my first ipsy bag! I'm looking forward to many more!

Which do you like better? BirchBox or ipsy? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or tweet me @Manda_CGC! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: