Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Eyes of the Day: Lavender Shimmer

Hey Calendar Girls!

Welcome to my very first EOTD post! I decided to branch out and use a little color on this day, so I chose purple because I've read that it emphasizes hazel/brown eyes. I wasn't ready to dive into too much color, though, so I chose a light purple. ;)

First, I applied my Milani Eye Shadow Primer over each lid and let it dry/set for the recommended 30 seconds. Then I used a large, flat shadow brush to sweep #15 from my Mirage Palette over my entire lid.
For the outer corners and crease, I used a defining shadow brush to apply #76. With a small, angled brush, I carefully lined my lower lash line with #76, as well.


On my brow bone and inner corners, I used a bit of #7. For liner, I used my favorite L'Oreal Super Slim in Black to create a little bit of a cat eye and to finish off the look, I brushed on one coat of Revlon's Lash Potion in Blackest Black.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a chance to take a picture right after I finished my makeup, so what you're seeing is an Eyes of the Day and the end of the day! The outer corners have mostly blended with the rest of the lid at this point, but I still think it looks nice. I promise to spend a little extra time taking pics of my eye makeup while it's still fresh in the future!

What do you think of NOTD, FOTD, and EOTD posts? Would you like to see more of them? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or on Twitter @Manda_CGC! Thanks for reading!

-Manda