Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Eyes of the Day: Spooky Smokey

Hi Calendar Girls!

As you know, Halloween is fast approaching! While my excitement builds for my cuties in costume and buckets full of candy, I thought I'd get into the spooky spirit of things and experiment with some of the lesser-used colors in my Mirage Palette! Without further ado, I'd like to present my Spooky Smokey Eye!


Ooh! Festive! Here's how I created this bewitching look:

-First, I dabbed a bit of my Milani Eye Shadow Primer over each eyelid from lash line to brow and let it dry for at least 30 seconds.
-While the primer was setting, I filled in my brows with a CoverGirl Brow & Eyemakers Pencil in Soft Brown.
-Next, I used a flat shadow brush to sweep #26 from the Mirage Palette over my entire lid.
-After that, I highlighted my brow bone with #16. I also brushed a little of #16 on my inner corners.
-Then I used my E.L.F. Defining Eye Brush to apply #82 to the outer corners and blended it into the crease with a domed shadow brush.
-I added a tiny bit of #81 to the very outer corner, as it's more of a matte black, while #82 is more of a shimmery black.
-I used my L'Oreal Super Slim Liner in Black to create a small wing on my upper lash line and for the lower, I used a small angled brush to apply #81.
-I finished off this look with (an oldie but a goodie) Maybelline Great Lash in Blackest Black.

I can't wait to recreate this look on the 31st! I'll be rocking it as I lead my little guys from door to door! :)

Are you dressing up for Halloween? Do you go all out or keep it subtle? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or on Twitter @Manda_CGC! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: