Saturday, June 15, 2013

CVS Quick Trip

Hey there!

For this post, I've decided to give you a two-for-one! I picked up a few things from CVS the other day and since it was only three products, I've decided to do a mini haul and review all in one post! :) I hope you like it!


Here we go!

1. Rimmel London Fix & Perfect Foundation Primer in 001
-I really wanted to try this primer after seeing it on a list of the "Top Ten Products Under Ten Dollars" or something to that effect. I've only ever used one other primer and that was the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer--I received a sample in a Target Beauty Bag. I loved it!
Review: It was a lot more of a dark pink color than I expected as I put a bit on my fingers. I was really worried, but once I applied it all over my face, I hardly noticed any color at all. My face did feel smoother, though. And I feel like it made it easier to apply my foundation. I'm undecided on whether I'll repurchase this yet.

2. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick-Kate Moss Collection in 103
-I was a little surprised to see this in CVS because I didn't realize it was available in the U.S. (That's what I get for only reading/watching British bloggers! Oh well.) I was so excited that I was actually going to be able to try a product that one of my favorite bloggers had recommended. There weren't many shades to choose from at my local CVS, so I picked up the one I thought suited me most and did the pinky test. It looked great, so in the cart it went.
Review: I wore this the day after I bought it. It has really good pigmentation and it lasted quite a while. Also, it didn't dry my lips out, which was great. I think the color looks nice on me and overall, I'm very happy with it. My only complaint is the scent. It's kind-of like a burnt watermelon smell. I'm not a fan of artificial watermelon scent in any shape or form, but I can live with it because I really like this lipstick. I would like to try out a few other colors from this range.

3. L'Oreal Lineur Intense in Earthen Rock Brown
-This was sort-of a blind purchase. I was looking for something similar to all of the great liquid eyeliners I've read about online, but I was having a hard time finding the American equivalent. This is not it.
Review: This was my first time trying liquid liner. While the applicator was fairly easy to work with (for a beginner, like me!), I didn't really like the formula itself. It looked really great at first, but then it flaked off before I even made it to my destination. :( I won't be repurchasing this one. If you have a favorite liquid liner that is readily available in America, please let me know in the comments! I'd love to hear your suggestions!

Alrighty, that's all from me for now. Thanks for reading!

-Manda


No comments: