Saturday, June 29, 2013

June BirchBox

Hi everyone!

A couple of days ago, I received my very first BirchBox! I had been obsessively checking the tracking information, so you can imagine how excited I was to actually have it in my hands! Here's what it looked like when it arrived:


So pretty and pink and full of promise! Ha! I opened up the pretty pink cover/shipping shell to see this:


Not quite as pretty, but I can appreciate the simplicity. ;) Ahh...just look at it. What? Oh! You want to see what's inside? Oh alright, I guess I can show you that, too... 


Oh look! A nice little card explaining the theme of the month. On the back, there is information on each product inside the box. It tells you the brand name, the price of a full-sized product, and how to use it! Very helpful! It's nice to see the prices of the full-sized products because a) you can see how much of a value you're getting by only paying $10 for everything and b) you'll know how much the bigger version is before you go falling in love with it! Haha. What's that? You want to see what's really inside? Ah well...if you insist!


At first glance, I was worried I didn't get any of the exclusive Color Club polishes that came out this month, but it was sneakily tucked away inside that pretty green pouch along with numbers 3 & 5! Alright, I'll get to what you've been waiting for... The samples!

1. Color Club Wanderlust Collection Professional Nail Lacquer in Reign in Spain
-This is one of four colors created exclusively for BirchBox. It was my favorite sample this month! I love the pretty neon-pastel coral shade! :) It's so bright and fun for summer. I'm definitely planning on purchasing the four-pack with the rest of the collection from BirchBox.com!

2. Wanderlust Themed Postcards
-These were sort-of a little bonus item. There's one post card for each of the BirchBox headquarters around the world: New York, Barcelona, Paris, & London. This is a welcome addition to my postcard collection!

3. Davines Love Smoothing Conditioner
-A very generous sample size! I don't really use that much conditioner because it tends to make my hair look really oily. I'll definitely be trying this on the ends of my hair, though.

4. Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo
-Speaking of generous sample sizes--get a load of this bad boy! This is what I call a luxury-sized sample! There is a substantial amount there that will last for quite a few showers. :) Oh! And it smells absolutely lovely! Must be the Indian fig extract. ;)

5. Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion
-This completes the Davines 3-Step System. I'm a little worried to use this because, again, my hair gets oily very easily. I'll definitely try it out, though. Who knows? Maybe it'll surprise me!

6. Oscar de la Renta Live in Love Body Scrub
-Ooh! Fancy! This says that it is a foaming body scrub so I'm looking forward to seeing what it's all about. It has quite a few different floral notes, so I'm hoping I like the scent. I don't like anything too overpowering.

7. Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder
-This is interesting to me because I wonder how a powder could be hydrating. I am actually in the market for a finishing powder, so I hope this works out! The sample size is teensy, though, so I need to figure out a good way to get it onto my massive powder brush! Ha!

Alrighty, there you have it. My first (of many, hopefully!) beauty box. I can't wait to see what next month brings! I will be trialing all of these products in the next few days, so stay tuned for reviews! :) I'll leave you with this picture of the lovely postcards...


Thanks for reading!

-Manda

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

That sounds so fun! I'm totally tempted to sign up for it...maybe I'll wait for a couple more reviews from you :)

Unknown said...

That would be awesome! :)