Saturday, June 15, 2013

Essie Snakeskin Magnetics Review

Hello again!

Welcome to my first review! Let me start off by saying that I promise to always give my honest opinion in any and every review posted on this blog. Scout's honor! That being said...


Here are my thoughts on Essie's Snakeskin Magnetics Nail Lacquer in "Sssssexy":

(Did you read all five of those S's? I hope so because it took me quite some time to count them out for you! ;) )

I saw this polish when I was shopping for my basic starter supplies in Target. (You can find my Target Mini Haul post here.) I didn't go shopping with the intention of buying any nail polish, but when I saw the cool "snakeskin" effect, I was intrigued. I was unsuccessful in finding the price posted anywhere near the polishes so I was slightly cautious about tossing this in the cart. By the time we reached the checkout, I'd pretty much forgotten about checking on the price. It was only after we'd paid for everything and were walking out the door that my husband pointed it out on the receipt. A whopping $10.99! He was none too happy with me at that point.

Moving on...
I got it home and was so excited to try it out. Imagine! A nail polish that you can manipulate with a magnet! It sounds so cool! And of all the colors, I think I chose the best one. The rest seemed fairly dark and I'm not really into dark polishes at the moment.

Anywho...I took its photo, gathered my cotton pads & acetone, and broke the seal! (So dramatic!) I started with my pinky...brushed it on and quickly held the magnet over the wet nail and waited for the magic to happen.

Nothing.

Okay... Maybe I didn't hold it over long enough, I thought. So I quickly googled instructions as there weren't any readily visible anywhere on the actual bottle. I read a review that said to hold the magnet over the wet polish for a count of twenty and that a few of the colors don't even work. Uh-oh. So I painted my ring finger, quickly placed the magnet as close to the nail as I could without smudging it, and counted to twenty.

Again, nothing.

And I even counted Mississippi-ly! I tried a couple more times with a couple more nails. I held the magnet over for much longer. I tried vigorously shaking the bottle to make sure the formula was thoroughly mixed. It just wasn't happening. :(

So I must conclude that, while this polish is a very pretty color, it didn't perform as advertised and I consider it a bust. For almost $11, I'm not going to keep it around for color alone. This will be making its way to the returns counter as soon as I can get it there!

Alright guys, I hope you enjoyed my first product review! Hopefully I saved you a little time and money. Thanks for reading!
-Manda


No comments: