Sunday, June 16, 2013

Nails of The Day: Sparkly Plum

Hey guys!

Here's a fun little post for you! One of my favorite nail polish brands is the Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear line. They have so many great colors to choose from and I love the design of the packaging; it's very sleek and pretty. I think I own about 8 bottles so far and I'm always on the hunt for more.


I decided to use a combination of two Xtreme Wear polishes for this NOTD. As a base, I went with Plum Power (shown above, on the left) which is a nice shimmery purple. And over top of that, I chose Strobe Light--a lovely mixture of small ballerina pink glitter and slightly larger rainbow-y, holographic flecks. It's my go-to polish as of late!


I love to use glitter polishes over the top of other polishes to give my nails that little something extra and make them look slightly more interesting. Also, glitter polishes alone tend to be really tough to remove and I feel like the regular polish as a base helps them come off a bit easier. It works as a great top coat, too! I usually get a couple extra days of wear out of them! :)

What are some your favorite polish brands? Do you have a go-to color? Let me know in the comments!

Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: