Sunday, August 11, 2013

Walmart Haul & Review

Hello Calendar Girls!

Well, it happened again. I somehow ended up in Walmart. Lol. I have a good reason, though! My baby boy (okay, he's three, but he's still my baby!) needed a haircut. He absolutely hates getting his hair cut and screams the whole time. This, of course, is terrible for my anxiety, so I came up with a brilliant plan and my little family of four set off to Walmart. Then, while my brave husband stayed with Mr. Whiney-Pants in the salon, my older son and I headed over to the cosmetics! I had plenty of time to browse through all the goods and a few minutes later, my newly-shorn little guy came walking up with his daddy, happy as a clam! It worked out so perfectly, I'm actually looking forward to his next haircut! Ha!

Now that I've rambled on for entirely too long, let's get to the point of this post! Here's what I got and how I got on with it!


1. Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes
-I've tried a lot of makeup wipes and these are some of the best ones I've used. I was all out of the last pack I trialed (Pond's Evening Soothe), so I picked these up. They don't leave my skin feeling greasy (or contrarily, dried out!) and the scent is clean and fresh. They pretty much get everything except mascara. And they probably would take that off, too, if I was willing to scrub my eyes, but I just use my Up & Up Eye Makeup Remover with a cotton pad instead.

2. Rimmel London Soft Kohl Kajal Eye Liner Pencil in Pure White
-I've been looking for a white liner for my waterline and inner corners and I've heard good things about this one. It goes on pretty smooth and is exactly what I was going for. This was a good buy, for sure!

Not the best swatches, but it's my first time!

3. Rimmel London Scandal Eyes Waterproof Kohl Eyeliner in Brown
-This is amazing! It's called Brown, but it has little flecks of copper and it's so creamy--it glides on like a dream! Hands down, the best pencil liner I've ever owned. It stayed put on one of the hottest, most humid days of the year and didn't end up slowly sliding down my face. I can't say enough good things about it! Highly recommend!

4. Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Cleansing Pads
-I've been using these for years. I recently ran out of them and needed to get some more. In the beginning, I would use them after brushing my teeth in the morning and then rinse my face using the sink, but I always made such a huge mess that way and got water everywhere. Now I use them in the shower! It's so much easier! Wash hair, wash body, wash face, rinse and done! I love these because they are two-sided (one of which has a bumpy texture that is a great exfoliator). My skin always feels super smooth after I use these! And they have a lovely fresh scent, too!

5. Maybelline Color Whisper in Pin Up Peach
-After buying my first Color Whisper a few weeks ago, I knew I wanted more colors ASAP! I love this product so, so much! It feels amazing on the lips...very smooth. Plus, it looks so slick and glossy! The color is punchy enough. I'm slowly trying to branch out into brighter lips and this is helping me along. As is typical with any lightweight lip product, it doesn't last too long. I don't mind reapplying, though, for one of my favorite products. :)


6. Extra Dessert Delights Sugarfree Gum in Lemon Square
-I know this isn't a beauty product, but it does go in my bag, so I thought I'd include it in this haul & review as a little bonus! ;) I've been obsessed with sweet, lemon flavors this summer. (Thanks a lot, Dairy Queen's Lemon Meringue Pie Blizzard!) I always like to have gum in my bag, so when I saw this I thought I'd give it a shot. When you first open the package, it smells exactly like lemon bars! It pretty much tastes like them, too...for the first few minutes. Aside from losing its flavor fairly quickly, it's not that bad. Bonus points for accurately capturing the flavor of lemon bars!

7. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Lacey Lilac
-Walmart had this idea to light up their nail polish section with bright white LED's on every shelf. This was a brilliant plan, because it draws my gaze every time! Apparently I'm not the only one, because the area was fairly sparse! I did find this pretty pastel purple shade, though. I've been trying to add more pastels to my nail polish collection and this is a color I didn't already own, so I grabbed it while I could! It goes on in two coats to form a perfectly opaque milky purple. I really like it!

See what I mean? Very shiny and very empty!
8. Burt's Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
-Again with the lemon! Ha! I was looking for a cuticle cream and I read good things about this one. I've loved pretty much every Burt's Bees product I've ever owned, so it didn't take a lot of convincing for me to purchase this. It smells great--I didn't expect anything less--and I'm really starting to notice a difference in my fingertips. I think the area around my nails looks much healthier. (Take note: You may get caught sniffing your fingertips if you use this product! ;)

If the product looks unused, it's because I took this pic before trying it! ;)
9. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Fuchsia Power
-I first bought this color over three years ago. I think it was actually my second Xtreme Wear polish ever purchased (the first was Sun Kissed). After maybe a year of non-use, that first bottle actually dried up, so I needed to replace it. I've actually already used this one for an upcoming NOTD, so look for that soon!

Well, I hope you guys enjoyed this post and didn't mind the combination haul/review! Do you own any of these products? Will you try any after reading this post? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda 

No comments: