Monday, July 1, 2013

Florida Haul

Hey guys!

So...last Friday, my husband had a business meeting in a town about an hour away. I hadn't planned on going with him, but right before he had to leave, we decided to load up the kids and all go together. The meeting didn't take too long and afterwards we headed over to one of our favorite restaurants, but they were closed! All of the other restaurants were super crowded with the lunch rush, so we decided to drive around a little and explore for an hour or so. Then it appeared...Super Target! I may've squealed a little. We immediately drove over and parked. I needed to pick up a few essentials anyway and I couldn't wait to see what goodies I might find that weren't stocked in my local Target!

Here's what I got:


1. Up & Up Sunscreen SPF 50 Lotion
-We had planned on stopping at the beach on our way home, but as soon as we came out of Target, there was an enormous dark cloud and rain was on its way. Also, I got the lotion because we've figured out that our boys hate the spray-on sunscreen (as much as I love the convenience) because it's so cold going on.

2. E.L.F. Professional Concealer Brush
-I'm still building my brush collection and I'm planning on purchasing a new concealer soon that I've heard lots of good things about. If the concealer was sold at Target, I would've picked it up as well!

3. Up & Up Empty Sprayer Bottles
-I got one of these for my little one who has recently discovered that he loves to mist everyone with water. It's quite refreshing on a hot day, actually. I got a second one in case my other son wanted his own and also because they were pretty and only 97¢! Ha!

4. Up & Up Eye and Lip Pencil Sharpener
-The CoverGirl eyeliner I've been using since forever was worn down to a nub because I lost my other sharpener, so I definitely needed a new one!

5. Sally Hansen Extra Strength Polish Remover
-This was one of the essentials I needed. I had just used, literally, the last drop of my old remover the day before!

6. Up & Up Cotton Rounds
-Another essential. Weirdly enough, as soon as I ran out of polish remover, I ran out of cotton pads! 

7. Ombre Beach Towel
-Again, we had planned on stopping at the beach. After we left home, I realized I had only packed one towel for the boys, but luckily this one was on sale for $5.

8. Up & Up Cosmetic Applicators
-Or as I call them: pointy Q-tips. ;) My nails have been looking rough and I needed something to help remove polish around my cuticles, so I picked these up. They've actually been more helpful correcting eye makeup mistakes so far, though. Still on the hunt for a better way to clean up my nails after painting them!

9. E.L.F. Studio Small Stipple Brush
-Another addition to the brush collection. I wanted to try this in place of a flat foundation brush for my liquid makeup. I quite liked it!

 10. The Bathery Luxury Pumice Stone
-I've been meaning to buy one of these for a while, but I kept forgetting to grab one every time I was at the store. I love this little thing already! Easily one of the best purchases I've made this month! My feet are smooth as a baby's bum now. Ha!

11. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Supernova
-I've been on the hunt for more glitter polishes since I've been abusing the Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light lately. This one is a mixture of fuchsia and turquoise glitter--so pretty!

12. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Perky Pink
-Another glitter polish! I couldn't decide between this and Supernova, but they were such a good deal that my Mr. said I should go ahead and get both! He's a keeper. ;)

13. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Clearly Quick
-I needed a good top coat. I've used Seche Vite in the past and while I loved the glassy finish it gave my nails, I didn't love the birth defect warning or the fact that it made my polish peel off after a few hours. I'm hoping this will be a decent replacement.

14. Florida Postcards
-These aren't actually from Target. We stopped at a little souvenir shop on the way home and I picked them up for a friend's children. They like getting mail and I thought these were cute. :)

Oh! And in case you were wondering if we ever got lunch...


We found a Jimmy John's while we were driving around. I've heard so much about them, but I've never been to one, so we grabbed a quick bite and headed home. We had a great day, overall! :)

I hope you enjoyed this haul post. Let me know in the comments if you've tried any of these products and what you thought of them! Thanks for reading!

-Manda


No comments: