Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Manicure Must-Haves

Hello there Calendar Girls!

Today, I thought I'd tell you a little about my typical nail routine--a bit of a NOTD Behind-the-Scenes, if you will. :) My first two must haves are these guys:


To start, I remove any old, chipped polish with Sally Hansen Extra Strength Nail Polish Remover and Up & Up Cotton Rounds so I can have a nice blank canvas. After painting my nails, I sometimes use Up & Up Cosmetic Applicators for little touch-ups around my cuticles, etc. because they have both pointed and flat ends and are great for detail work.


My other two must-haves are my base coat & top coat. For a base coat, I like Orly Bonder. It creates a rubberized texture on your nails that grips your polish so that it stays on longer. Its description says that it makes nail color last for up to two weeks, and while I've never experienced that, I do think it helps my polish last for longer than it would without a base coat. It also evens out the ridges in my nails and helps my main nail color look smoother.
For a top coat, I use the Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Clearly Quick. It's not the best top coat I've used and I'm still looking for my perfect clear finish, but it does the job for now. The bottle has a neat shape that fits perfectly between your thumb and index finger, so it's easy to hold on to and the brush is wide and flat so you can "cover more ground" quickly! It also leaves a nice, shiny finish and dries super fast!

So those are my mani must-haves! Do you have a favorite polish remover or top coat? I'm always open to tried & true suggestions! Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: