Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Mid-Week Mascara Reviews

Hi there Calendar Girls!

A while back, I went a little crazy and bought a couple of different mascaras on the same day. It was a little excessive for me, but I justified it by telling myself that they were different colors, so I definitely needed them both. ;)

The first one I picked up is the Boots No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara in Brown/Black. I got it from Target for around $8.


First off, I love that it comes in a metallic, hot pink tube! Shiny! I also like the curved brush. I feel like it really helps with application. The color is nice for days when I'm going for a natural look--it's not as severe as black mascara. As you can see in the photos below, there was definitely a curl in my lashes after using this, which is great because I don't really like to use eyelash curlers. Overall, I'd say so far, so good. I will most likely repurchase this when it runs out.

Left: No Mascara, Right: Two Coats of Exquisite Curl Mascara

Second, I got the much talked about Revlon Lash Potion in Blackest Black. I believe it was about $8 as well.


Look at that packaging! So pretty and sparkly! Can you tell I'm a huge fan of creative makeup packaging? Ha! It just makes me love a product even more if it's nice to look at as well as effective! And this is both! I didn't own any other waterproof mascaras before I bought this. Now that I've got a good eye makeup remover, though, I think I'll try more! This stuff is awesome. I wore it on a particularly busy day when I was on vacation earlier this month. I was out all day in hot/humid Atlanta weather and at times felt like my makeup was just melting off my face. However, the couple of times I was able to get to a mirror, I was pleasantly surprised! I was fully expecting the usual dark circles that form under my eyes when I've sweated all my eye makeup off, but it still looked great! This has been a go to since then! Anything that can last through that kind of day gets bumped to the top of my favorite products list, for sure!

Left: No Mascara, Right: Two Coats of Lash Potion
I apologize for the repeat of mascara-less right eye photos. I somehow managed to delete the before photos of my left eye, but I still wanted to show the difference the Lash Potion makes! I just love it!

I hope you enjoyed this quick review! Do you have a favorite mascara? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda


No comments: