Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Nails of the Day: French Twist

Hey Calendar Girls!

This NOTD was inspired by my gorgeous friend, Lara. She posted a red-tipped mani pic on Instagram a while back and I liked it so much that I decided to recreate the look for myself, but with a little twist!


I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Fuchsia Power to create a bright pink French tip, then I layered a few coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Disco Ball. (And of course Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Clearly Quick on top!)


Of course, no matter how hard I tried, I could not capture the full effect of the glitter on camera. It was layered on quite thick, though, and had a really nice, almost silvery effect. You'll just have to take my word for it (until I gain some better photography skills!). I love how it looks and what I love even more is that it reminds me of sweet Lara! What inspires your nail art? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: