Sunday, August 4, 2013

Drugstore Mini Haul

Hey there, Calendar Girls!

The other day while I was out shopping for back-to-school clothes (for my oldest son), I just couldn't resist popping by the makeup aisles! Here's what I picked up:


1. Revlon Lash Potion by Grow Luscious in Blackest Black
-I will admit that I've been wanting to buy this for the gorgeous packaging alone, but I couldn't justify only buying something based on looks. Luckily, I read a review on Fleur's blog and she seems to really like it, so in the basket it went! *sigh* It's so pretty. :)

2. Boots No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara in Brown/Black
-I remember reading about Boots for the first time on Zoe's blog and always wishing I could visit one of the British drugstores and try some of the products my favorite beauty bloggers raved about. I tried to put it out of my mind, though, because it will probably be several years before I visit England. Then one day, I was browsing the makeup aisles at Target when I recognized a familiar logo... Boots! What? Really? Yes! Target has Boots products! I was so excited! After perusing the products, I finally decided on this mascara thanks to the mention on Zoella. (And the pretty pink packaging! ;) 

3. Milani Eyeshadow Primer in Nude
-This was something I picked up sort-of on a whim. I had something like $8.50 worth of CVS Extra Bucks saved up plus a coupon for 10% off any beauty product. I was annoyed with my shadow and undereye concealer that day because it was extremely hot and humid outside and my eye makeup was just creasing all over the place! I thought to myself...I won't be caught in this situation again. So I set off to find an eyeshadow primer. The first one I looked at was somewhere around the $12 mark and I thought that was a ridiculous amount for something I hadn't had a chance to research yet. Then I saw this one and it was only about $6, so I bought it. Or, technically...I got it for free, thanks to those Extra Bucks! 

4. L'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain in Eternally Nude
-This jumped out at me right away. I remember seeing the shiny gold case on many a blog. Most of the colors available were a little bright for my taste, so I settled on this pinky nude. So far, so good! Stay tuned for the review post! 

5. Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick-Kate Moss Collection in 17
-I already own one Kate Moss lipstick and I really like it. It's nicely pigmented and lasts for longer than most of my lippies. Also, I had a CVS coupon for $2 off any lipstick, so what was I supposed to do? NOT buy discounted makeup?? Ha! Yeah right! This looks like it will be a nice, neutral shade for me. I can't wait to try it!

Well, that's haul folks! (Haha--see what I did there?) I've already gotten started trying a few of these, so look out for some reviews in a few weeks! And if you have any ideas for new posts you'd like to see here on Calendar Girl Cosmetics, let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: