Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Nails of the Day: Soft Stripes

Hi Calendar Girls!

I was rummaging through my nail polish collection the other day and I noticed three colors close to each other that I thought looked so nice together! They are NYC Quick Dry Nail Polish in Sidewalkers, Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect Nail Color in Air and Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Mint Sorbet.


I knew I wanted to use these for a NOTD, but how? I've seen a lot of ombré all over the place lately, so I thought I would try something like a watercolor-y, blended type of ombréd/stripe-y look. Ha! As you can see, this is very hard to describe, so why don't I just show you? :)


Ah, there we go. So yeah...as you can see, it's sort-of a messy stripe design. I realize this look isn't for everyone. I wasn't sure of it at first, but it really grew on me. Oh! And there's quite a lot of polish there, so I made sure to use my Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Clearly Quick over top of everything. I just love this combination of colors. I can't wait to try different looks with them! If you have any suggestions, be sure to leave them in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: