Sunday, September 29, 2013

Loaded Lippy Review

Hi Calendar Girls!

I know there have been a lot of review posts lately and I promise to break it up soon with something different! I've just had a lot of catching up to do, review-wise! I hope that's okay with you guys! :) Today's review is packed full of FOUR different lip products, so let's get to it!



Left to Right, they are: Rimmel Show Off Lip LacquerL'Oreal Colour Caresse Wet Shine Stain, Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick-Kate Moss Collection in 17, and Rimmel London Lasting Finish Lipstick-Kate Moss Collection in 103.

Okay, so first up: Show Off. When I found this in an Atlanta Walgreens (for around $5), the display was nearly empty. Out of the few colors available, I chose Comet because I thought would be a nice neutral. It ended up being a little dark for my taste, though. The scent reminds me of the two Kate Moss lipsticks, which makes sense because they're all Rimmel products. To me, they smell like a plastic-y, charred, artificial watermelon. I know that's a weird description, but it's a very hard scent to describe! I've read other reviews saying it smelled like cucumber or even grapefruit! Luckily, the smell/taste doesn't bother me too much.


The doe-foot applicator has a little divot in the center which works as a bit of a scoop to gather more product so you don't have to re-dip it so much. So easy! The richly pigmented formula is very moisturizing and only slightly sticky. I would like to try other colors from this range.


Next is the Colour Caresse Stain in Eternally Nude. I purchased this from CVS for around $10. It was the most expensive out of the four products in this review, but fortunately I had a coupon for 10% off any beauty product! The unique, tear-shaped applicator on this is great! It has a little well in the center, much like the Rimmel Show Off, which is great for...well..application!


It looks very opaque in the packaging, but it actually goes on fairly transparent, as you can see in this photo:


This stain has a very perfume-y scent and often leaves a weird taste in my mouth. It is incredibly moisturizing but unfortunately sticky. I do like the shine and the staying power, but I probably won't repurchase this one--at least not in this color. I'd be open to trying some brighter versions.

Third is the Kate Moss lipstick in 17. This is the second Kate Moss lippy I purchased (for around $3--I had a $2 off coupon) because I liked the first one so much! I love the color, but I hate that it doesn't have a name! Great pigmentation, though!


This is probably my favorite out of these four lippies. It has great staying power, it doesn't dry out my lips, and it just looks really nice! It's not slick, but not really sticky either and is such a beautiful, shimmery pink!


This is my go-to long-lasting lipstick! It goes with pretty much everything and I'm really looking forward to trying more of the Kate Moss line.

Last, but not least, is the first Kate Moss lipstick I ever bought! I've actually already reviewed this lipstick (shade 103) here, but I took some better pictures to include in this post!


I didn't realize this at the time of purchase, but the red packaging actually indicates the matte shades of the collection. I like that this is almost just the matte version of my other Kate Moss lipstick, but a slightly lighter pink. 


It's so soft and pretty! I always feel very feminine wearing such a girly pink color like this!

Phew! We made it! This was a long post, huh? I'll try not to get so backed up on reviews in the future. I'm almost all caught up for now. (Uh-oh...that means I should probably go shopping! ;)

Well, I hope you've enjoyed this review post! Did I pique your interest in any of these lovely lippies? Do you think you'd try any of them? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or tweet me @Manda_CGC! Thanks for reading!


-Manda



No comments: