Sunday, July 21, 2013

July BirchBox

Hello there!

It's that time again! Are you excited? My second BirchBox came on Friday, the 12th--three days earlier than expected! It also happened to be mine & my husband's 8th wedding anniversary, so it was doubly awesome. :)

I was a little worried, after seeing some of the products in the video preview from BirchBox, that I wasn't really going to like this month's box. However, I got a ton of nice things that I'm really excited about and can't wait to try out!


See? It's chock-full of goodies!

1. Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect
-This is a leave-in conditioner that also helps with heat protection from styling tools. I don't use a blow-dryer or curling iron all that much these days, but I have been looking for a leave-in conditioner to try, so I was happy to see this in the box this month! And what a good sized sample!

2. BirchBox Bobby Pins
-These are adorable! They're a lot sturdier than typical bobby pins and definitely more stylish. I also got my favorite color--green! Can't wait to use these to brighten up my often-used center pouf. :)

3. Benefit Bonus Scratch Card
-This was a nice little extra! It's a card that you can use when you spend $25 on Benefit products. Just scratch off the two silver circles and see which two free samples you get! 

4. Benefit Girl Meets Pearl
-This was probably one of the things I was most excited about. I use a powder highlighter currently, but I find it doesn't always show up as prominently as I would like. I'm hoping this shimmery cream highlighter will work even better for me!

5. Benta Berry G-1 Moisturizing Face Cream
-Lucky me! I've also been looking for a new moisturizer and here is one to try! I don't use much moisturizer as a have fairly oily skin, but the area around my nose tends to get pretty dry. The sample is fairly small, but since I only use it on a small part of my face, it will probably last me a while. 

6. 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream in Green Apple
-Mmmm....green apple! I'll be honest, I had a hard time not opening this on the spot! Unfortunately, I have a cold, so I'm waiting until I get my sense of smell back to try this one! 

7. 100% Pure Nourishing Body Cream in Vanilla Bean
-I actually received two of the vanilla bean scented samples. I'm looking forward to trying these, too, but again--not until this cold goes away!

And that's all of my July BirchBox! I'm so ready to trial these and review them for you! Look for that post in the coming weeks! Have you subscribed to BirchBox yet? Remember to comment below if you'd like me to email you an invite! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Those bobby pins are super cute!

Unknown said...

Thanks! I love the color! :)