Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nails of the Day: Supernova Girl

Zoom! Zoom! Zoom! Make my heart go boom boom!

Hahaha. Today's nails were done using my new Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish called Supernova. Every time I read the name, I think of a cheesy Disney Channel movie from the 90s and the song Supernova Girl! Anyone remember Zenon? No? Just me then?


I went for another layered effect today, as I like my glitters over top of solids. I also tried out a new top coat: Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Color in Clearly Quick. I don't know if it's actually meant to be a top coat, but that's what I've been using it as and it's pretty decent so far. The white polish is a cheapie Petites one that I picked up quite a few years ago for a DIY French manicure. It is conveniently called French White. ;)


So I painted on two coats of French White for a nice opacity, then a couple of layers of Supernova followed by the Clearly Quick top coat. This look lasted for quite a few days and I just loved it! I definitely plan on trying this one again sometime.

What are your favorite nail color combinations? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: