Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Nails of the Day: Light as Air

Hey there!

Decided to do a little mid-week NOTD post for you! This one is a bit of a review as well, I suppose. Today I chose the Sally Hansen Smooth and Perfect polish in the color Air.


It's a lovely pastel blue color and feels very Spring-y to me. :) I've owned this for quite some time now, but life got busy and I didn't have a lot of spare time to paint my nails. Now that I've rediscovered it in my collection, though, I'm remembering why I loved it before. 


It takes a few coats to get the milky, opaque look that I was going for. As you can see, after one coat it was still very sheer.


Here it is after the second coat. It's starting to build up and create the effect I want, but still not quite opaque enough for me.


Ahh...three coats later and it looks smooth and...well...perfect. Ha! I guess that's why it's in the name. ;) I realize it doesn't look completely smooth, but I'm blaming my nails for that because I tried another polish and it still had that gritty look that is noticeable on my thumbnail. Maybe I should invest in a nail buffer for next time.

Well, that's my nails for the day. I'm noticing that I've become very partial to Sally Hansen nail products. It's just a brand that I can count on for quality polishes. Do you have any Sally Hansen favorites? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

I need to paint my nails more often. My toenails are *always* painted, but I'm SO bad at doing my fingers. I saw a tip I want to try using elmer's glue on the skin next to my nails to keep the polish off my fingers. I think I saw it on pinterest.

Unknown said...

I've actually tried the glue thing and it made my nails look worse! I'm going to try the Vaseline trick from Pinterest next and I'll let you know how it goes! :)