Sunday, July 14, 2013

Face of the Day: Sunday Chic

Hello everyone!

As you may know, I don't really wear makeup every day, as I'm home with my kiddos for most of the week. When I do get out of the house, though, I take advantage of the opportunity to practice my newly-learned makeup skills!

Every Sunday we go to church. I like to look my best, so I always wake up extra early to have plenty of time to put on my makeup. This particular day, I used these products:


Now, normally I try to number the products in pictures like this so that they're somewhat top to bottom, left to right. In this picture, however, I labeled them in the order that I applied them! Here are the steps I took to get this look:

1. First, I used my fingers to apply Rimmel Primer in 001 all over my face.
2. Next, I buffed Neutrogena Liquid Makeup in Classic Ivory onto my face using my E.L.F. Stippling Brush. (All of the brushes mentioned in this post are E.L.F. brushes and are not pictured.)
3. After that, I set my foundation using YoungBlood's Hi-Def Finishing Powder and Powder Brush.
4. Then I used Sleek's Contouring Kit in Light and my Bronzing Brush to sweep a little bronzer into the hollows of my cheeks and put a little highlighter on my cheekbones.
5. Next, I used Sleek's Pomegranate Blush with my Studio Blush Brush on the apples of my cheeks.
6. At this point I wanted to move onto my eyes and remembered that I hadn't tweezed my brows, so I used some tweezers by Trim to do a little touchup!
7. That triggered my memory and reminded me that I also forgot to prime/soften my lips, so I quickly dabbed on some of my beloved Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm.
8. After catching up on the things I should've done in the beginning, I quickly filled in my brows with a CoverGirl Brow & Eye Makers pencil in Soft Brown.
9. Finally--eyes! I used my Sleek Au Naturel Palette and two different shadow brushes. I started by sweeping Taupe all over my lid. Then I used the shade Conker on the outer corners of my eyes and Nougat on the inner corners and brow bone areas.
10. Next, I used my L'Oreal Liquid Liner on my upper lashline, creating a little flick on the end. It was the first time I was completely satisfied with my flicks! Ha!
11. For my waterline, I used a CoverGirl pencil that I've long since forgotten the name of, as it has been sharpened down to a little stump!
12. To finish up the eyes, I used Maybelline's The Falsies mascara in Black Drama.
13. Finally, I applied my Rimmel/Kate Moss lipstick in 103, which has a bit of a matte finish.
14. And last, I used my finger to dab on a tiny bit of MaryKay Satin Lips to gloss up the pout a little!

And here is the outcome! I was very pleased with it! This happens to be my first selfie since starting this blog!

And as a little bonus for you, I also wanted to post my hair of the day!


I got the inspiration for the multiple topsy-tail ponies from Pinterest and then made it my own! I started by gathering my hair (or would-be bangs) at the front and creating a little pouf with bobby pins. Then I braided the rest and added it to the first gathered ponytail. I secured that with a clear elastic and created the first topsy-tail. I then gathered some more hair from each side to add to the first ponytail, secured it with another clear elastic and created the second topsy-tail. I repeated that step a third time, which is a little hard to see because I took the remaining ponytail, braided it and pinned it into a small bun at the nape of my neck. And there you have it! It was actually very comfortable and I love how it turned out! Looks way more complicated than it actually was, too. That's always a plus for me. 

Alrighty, well, that was my general Sunday makeup routine. I try to do different hair every week, but the makeup is mostly the same with the exception of lippy. Do you like to experiment with your hair? What are some of your favorite easy updos? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

2 comments:

Kizzie said...

You look gorgeous! I wish I could do my own hair, I'm so bad at it!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much! :) I'm not great at doing my own hair, but setting aside one day a week to try something new has really helped me learn a few tricks. ;)