Monday, July 8, 2013

June BirchBox Reviews

Hey guys!

There were quite a few products in my very first BirchBox, so it's taken me a while to trial them all! I've finally gotten through them, though, so here we go!


First up, Davines Love Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner. This smells lovely in the bottle. In the shower, though, it was really strong and had an almost chemical scent. I didn't really notice a difference in my hair as far as smoothness goes, but it did leave my hair smelling really nice (more like the scent from the bottle rather than the scent in the shower). I probably won't purchase the full-size as it's a little pricey and, again, didn't do much for my hair other than make it smell nice.


Next is the Davines Oi/Oil Absolute Beautifying Potion. I was hoping this would work as well as my beloved Biosilk Silk Therapy. The scent was definitely different. I much prefer the Biosilk in that regard. This had a more herb-y type of smell. It was decent at taming frizz/flyaways, but like I expected, had my hair looking greasy by the next day. I won't be purchasing the full-size. I'll stick with Biosilk. :)


The Oscar de la Renta Live in Love Body Scrub was probably my least favorite sample. I didn't notice any "foaming" and the scent was just way too strong for me. It was very overpowering and almost smelled like a men's cologne. I guess the one plus side is that I'm not madly in love with this very pricey product, so my wallet will thank me!


And next we have the Youngblood Hi-Definition Hydrating Mineral Perfecting Powder. This worked fairly well to set my foundation. It's invisible once you brush it on, so it wouldn't really work well as a highlighter (as I've heard some people mention). I didn't really see a "hydrating" effect. I probably won't purchase the full-size version of this, but I'll definitely use up all of the sample.


Last is my favorite sample from the June box: Color Club's Reign in Spain. I LOVE this! The color is gorgeous and really brightens up my nails. It is perfect for summer! The formula was slightly streaky, but after only two coats, it is perfectly opaque.


Here it is with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Strobe Light on the thumb. It's so, so pretty! In fact, I think I'm going to use it on my toes now! I can't wait to purchase the rest of the Wanderlust collection from the BirchBox site!

Alrighty, well there are my reviews for June! I've just gotten the email saying my July BirchBox has shipped, so look forward to seeing that post soon! Oh! And remember to let me know in the comments if you'd like an email invite to subscribe to BirchBox as well! I hope you have a lovely week!

-Manda

No comments: