Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Walmart Mini Haul

Greetings, Calendar Girls!

Thought I'd post a little mid-week mini haul for you! I don't usually shop at Walmart anymore, because it tends to be overcrowded and I'm not really a fan of crowds. However, I decided to brave the masses a couple of weeks ago in search of Hard Candy's Glamoflage Concealer--which they didn't even have in stock! Anyway, not to be discouraged I decided to look around and see what other goodies I could find. Here's what I got!



1. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Disco Ball
-I wasn't even planning on buying nail polish this trip, but when I saw this gorgeous iridescent/opalescent polish, I knew I had to add it to my growing glitter collection! And I know it's called Disco Ball, but I think it should be called Snow Ball because it's so clean and white and magical looking! Ahh...lovely.

2. Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Nail Color in Mint Sorbet
-I've had my eye on this the past couple of times I've been to the store, but I finally bit the bullet and bought it this time! It's so gorgeous and it was right next to Disco Ball on the shelf and I just couldn't resist the combination of the two! (They're actually both on my nails right now! Look for that NOTD soon!)

3. Goody Ouchless Hair Elastics
-I was nearly out of the last pack of pony-tail holders I bought, so I picked these up. I seem to go through them so fast! Probably all those messy buns I typically do--stretching them out! Anyway, for some reason, the last pack I bought was full of reds and pinks and I don't really own any red or pink clothing so I always feel like they are clashing with my outfit. Back to black for me!

4. Wet 'n Wild H20 Proof Liquid Eyeliner in Espresso
-I'm still looking for the perfect liquid liner. The L'Oreal one that I've been using is pretty flaky, so I thought I'd try out a waterproof liquid and see if that made any difference. Plus, this was cheap as chips!

5. Suave Clinical Protection Deodorant in Powder Fresh
-This is my absolute favorite deodorant. I was almost out, so I picked up another. The Suave version works just as good as the Secret brand, in my opinion, and it costs a few dollars less. I also like the scent--it's not floral or fruity or anything overpowering. I tend to get sick of those scents fairly quickly when it comes to deodorants. This is perfect for the hot, humid climate that I live in--it really does last 24 hours!

6. Maybelline Color Whisper in Made it Mauve
-I was so excited when I spotted this! I've heard so many good things about this and the Revlon Lip Butters, but I decided to buy this one first because I liked the packaging better, and let me tell you--I LOVE it! I couldn't resist trying it on as soon as I snapped that pic! It is so lovely and smooth and light! And the color is perfect! Now I know what all these bloggers who use the phrase "your lips but better" (or YLBB) mean! It is seriously amazing...it evens out my lip color and feels like I'm not wearing anything at all! And it's so moisturizing! I can't wait to get more colors from this collection. There's a little mini review for you! ;)

7. NYC Kohl Brow/Eyeliner Pencil in Dark Brown
-I've been looking for another kohl pencil for my waterline and this was super cheap so I thought--why not? Plus, it's really long, so I feel like I'm getting a lot of product for the 88¢ it cost me!

Well, that was all I got on this trip! I ordered the concealer I was originally looking for from Walmart.com when I got home, so hopefully that will be here soon! Do you like reading haul posts? Let me know in the comments! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Have you ever tried the super tiny, clear elastics? I have super thick hair and they work best for me. Any other kind seem to give me a headache...

Unknown said...

I use the clear ones for small braids and things but I don't think I've ever tried them for a ponytail. I'll give it a shot! :)

Shelly said...

I love the mint sorbet polish!

Unknown said...

Ooh! Then you will love the upcoming NOTD post! Look for it on the 31st! :)