Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Milani Eye Shadow Primer Review

Hi there Calendar Girls!

A little over a month ago, I found myself in CVS with a handful of Extra Bucks and I decided to put it towards a shadow primer. I spotted this Milani primer (in the color Nude), which was around the $6 mark, so I decided to go for it!


It comes in a 0.30 oz. tube with a narrow opening, making it super easy to squeeze out the tiny amount you need right onto your fingertip!


As you can see in the photo below, its creamy consistency helps it blend into your skin until it looks almost transparent. The directions recommend allowing it to dry for 30 seconds before applying eye shadow, so I use that time to fill in my brows. :)


Here are a couple of side-by-side swatches to show you what a difference primer makes! On the left is Sleek's 'Mineral Earth' shadow sans primer and on the right is the same shadow over top of the primer! So much more intense--I love it! Also, I don't have a photo of this, but when I cleaned those swatches off my hand, the primerless shadow came off in one swipe, but I had to put some effort into scrubbing off the right swatch! Staying power! That's what I'm talkin' about!


Overall, I love this product! I never bothered with primer before because I figured it wouldn't make much of a difference, but after using this consistently for over a month, I'll never go without it again! This is definitely one of my new beauty staples!

Do you use eye shadow primer? Which brand is your favorite? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or @Manda_CGC on Twitter! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: