Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Nails of the Day: Minnie Mani

Hey there Calendar Girls!

Here's a fun little NOTD for you! I was itching to use the polishes from my Vacation Haul so I decided to get nostalgic with pink polka dots! I'm channeling the sweet Minnie Mouse shirt I owned as a pre-schooler. I rocked that shirt on many occasions, but most memorably on the annual family trip to Disney World (where I cried when introduced to Miss Mouse herself!). Ha! Anyway...onto the colors!


After applying my base coat, I painted on two coats of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Bubblegum Pink. Then I used the rubber-coated end of a bobby pin to randomly place dots of Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On and followed it up with a clear top coat.


I was so pleased with the finished look! Took me right back to my childhood! :) I got several nice comments from strangers on these. Made me blush a little, but it was nice to hear my efforts hadn't gone unnoticed!

Which childhood memory would you choose as inspiration for nail art? Let me know in the comments, on Facebook, or tweet me @Manda_CGC! Thanks for reading!

-Manda

No comments: